Game apps are a popular way to kill time, and word games are fully up-to-date. In particular, a game called 4 Pics 1 Word has recently become increasingly popular on Facebook, iPhone and Android. If you have not played this game before, you can find out how.
Play the game
1. Get the game. You can download 4 Pics 1 Word from the Apple App Store or Android Market on Google Play. Alternatively, you can play the desktop version as long as you have a Facebook account.
- No matter how you play the game, you need a Facebook account. If you install the app, you will be asked to log into your Facebook account before you play. While 4 Pics 1 Word is technically a game for a player, you can interact with your Facebook friends.
- Download the game for your iPhone or iPad here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/4-pics-1-word/id595558452?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2
- Download the game for your Android here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=en.lotum.whatsinthefoto.us
- Get started with the game by going to this site: http://www.4pics1word.com
2. Look at the pictures. When you start the game, you will see a screen with four photos. These four photos have something in common. Sometimes it is obvious, while in other cases it can be quite difficult to guess. This applies in particular to later levels.
- The puzzles appear quite random, but you can assume that you will find most of the simpler ones earlier and more of the more difficult ones at the advanced levels.
- An example puzzle has two photos of women with arms in the air and two others from the sea. The common theme in this puzzle is “wave”, which is the answer you need to enter to pass the level.
3. Guess the subject. Under the images, you see blank fields that indicate how many letters the answer contains. Below is a cluttered keyboard with possible characters from which you can select when you type your guess for the answer. Tap these letters to spell the word that you believe is the answer.The answer of the puzzle is the common theme of the four photos.
- Note that you have more letters than necessary. This is not just a game for forming words from letters.
- If you answer the question correctly, you will be rewarded with three coins and you can move on to the next level.
4. Rate the game when you are asked. If you have passed the first five levels, you are asked to rate 4 Pics 1 Word . A pop-up will appear, indicating that you can award a 5 star rating and earn 150 coins if you like the app.
- If you want to get the coins you will need to click on the “Rate now” button and give the app 5 stars.
- You can also choose “Remember Later” if you want to wait until you have played the game a bit longer, or “No, thank you” if you do not want to make a review. Not giving 5-star rating means that you do not get the 150 coins.
- The coins turn out to be useful in later levels, and you’ll need them to cheat for the buttons when you’re finished with one of the more difficult puzzles with your Latin.
5. Use the “cheating” buttons. The “cheating” or “help” button looks like a small bomb and can be found in the lower right corner of the screen. Pressing this button gives you two options that can help you solve the puzzle.
- The first option you have is removing some of the available letters, making it easier to guess the puzzle. This costs you however 90 coins.
- The second option you have is to reveal one of the letters in the answer, which can also help you get the right word. This will cost you 90 coins.
6. Navigate through all levels. When you solve the puzzle for each level, you win the game. The app shows you a congratulatory message and is at its end.
- At this point you will not be able to access any more puzzles. Wait for the app to upgrade to see if more puzzles have been added.