Are you having trouble finding a specific app because there are too many programs in your recent apps list? Remove unwanted apps from this list with a few touches, tidying them up and making it easier to find the apps you’re looking for.
1. Double-tap the Home button. This will display screenshots of all your currently running apps in a row.
If you have the Assistive Touch feature turned on, tap the round icon on your screen and double-tap the Home button.
2. Search for the app you want to close. Swipe left or right to see all apps currently running on your iPhone.
3. When you find the app you want, swipe it up. This automatically closes the program. You can repeat this process for any apps you want to close.
You can tap and hold up to three apps at a time to swipe them up together. As a result, they are all closed at once.
Return to your home screen. Once you have finished closing your programs, press the Home button once to return to the Home screen.
1. Double-tap the Home button. This will display screenshots of all your currently running apps in a row on the screen.
If you’ve enabled the Assistive Touch feature, tap the round icon on your screen and double-tap the Home button.
2. Search for the app you want to close. Swipe left or right to find the app you want. There may be a lot of apps in the list.
3. Press and hold the app to close. After a few moments, the icons start to wobble as if you were rearranging the apps on your home screen.
4. Press the “-” next to the icon to close the app. This will remove the app from the list. You can repeat this process for other apps you want to close or return to your Home screen by pressing the Home button.
- On iOS, apps do not run in the background for more than a few seconds before going into some kind of sleep mode. This means that they do not consume battery power and do not slow down your phone. Closing apps using this method does not speed up your phone or increase the battery life.