Redirecting calls can be useful in a number of situations, such as being in a poor reception area and wanting to receive calls on another phone, or when you are abroad and wanting to divert calls to a phone with a cheaper rate. In most cases, you can edit the call settings on your phone to redirect calls to a number of your choice. However, if your network operator is Verizon, you need to enable call forwarding by entering a code on your device.
1. On the Home screen of your iPhone, tap Settings.
2. Tap on “Phone” and then on “Call Forwarding”.
3. Touch Forward to.
4. Enter the phone number to which your incoming calls should be forwarded.
5. At the top of your iPhone screen, tap Call Forwarding, then Phone, Settings. Your iPhone saves your new call forwarding settings and redirects all incoming calls to the specified phone number.
1. Tap on the menu button and select “Settings”.
2. Touch Call Settings.
3. Touch Call Forwarding.
4. Touch Always Forward.
Alternatively, you can specifically tap on the call forwarding setting you want to change. For example, if you only want to transfer calls when you can not answer the phone, tap “Forward if not answered”.
5. Enter the phone number to which all your incoming calls should be forwarded.
6. Tap Activate. Your phone will change your settings and save the new call forwarding settings.
7. Tap on the “escape” button of your Android to exit the settings. From now on, your Android will redirect all incoming calls to the specified number.
1. Tap or press the green “Send” or “Call” button on your Blackberry.
2. Press the Blackberry Menu button to bring up your phone’s call settings.
3. Scroll to Options, select them and then call forwarding.
4. Press the Blackberry menu button and select “New number”.
5. Enter the phone number to which all incoming calls should be forwarded.
6. Click on the trackball or select the option to save the new number.
7. Alternatively, you can specifically tap on the call forwarding setting you want to change. For example, if you only want to divert calls when you have no reception, select “When unavailable”.
1. Tap “Start” and select “Phone.”
2. Tap More and choose Settings.
3. Turn Call Forwarding On.
4. Tap the empty box next to “Forward calls to” and enter the phone number to which you want to forward incoming calls.
5. Tap “Save.” From now on all incoming calls will be forwarded to the entered number.
1. On your mobile device operated by Verizon Wireless, dial * 72 and then enter the 10-digit phone number to which all calls should be forwarded.
If you just want calls forwarded when you’re busy or can not answer the phone, dial * 71 instead of * 72.
2. Press the “Send” button to confirm that all calls should be forwarded to the number entered.
- By default, all calls are routed to your voice mailbox at your service provider. Before you change your call settings, write down the number of your voicemail box that appears in the call settings so that you can reactivate this service later.
- If you’re trying to divert calls from a landline, then contact your telephone company for special instructions and to verify that this feature is part of your plan. The instructions for routing calls on a landline vary by provider, model of phone, and service plan of your provider.
- Make sure your service provider offers call forwarding based on your contract before trying to change your call settings. It may be that some contracts do not include call forwarding or charge you additional fees for using this service.