UPDATE June 2015: I am not trying to skip my morning meal any more. I am now adding only coconut oil to my coffee for the blood sugar balancing effect. I like it. Makes internal digestion run more smoothly as well. (Read: Never Give Up post for more updates)
Stage One – Radical
Bulletproof Coffee is one of those ideas you hear about and go “What?” Butter in your coffee? And what’s all this hype about coconut oil? Please, anything that professes to cure all these things has to be 90% magical thinking, right?
Well, this morning was my first shot of BPC and here are my initial reactions.
- Not too bad.
- 3 hours into my morning and I’m just deciding to eat breakfast.
- Perhaps I need to look into what coffee I’m drinking again.
- Sure is handy that I was given a NutriBullet blender for Christmas.
Of course that’s not going to be enough to sustain my interest. Here are a few of the things that I heard about drinking BPC.
- You’ll lose weight like crazy.
- It will eliminate blood sugar surges and drops.
- It tastes awesome.
And on day one there are only two of those claims I have any data on. Here’s my take.
The BPC I made today was tasty. I know the blending is the key, and mine was quite frothy and tasty. I didn’t really notice the butter/coconut that much. I could tell there was something else in the coffee, but it was pretty much the same. So, butter in my coffee doesn’t taste bad… WIN.
And in my normal routine, I’d be looking for food and breakfast within an hour or so of starting my day. Usually two cups in and I’m switching to decaf (if I want more) and hankering for an egg or bowl of low-fat granola. This morning I never even thought about my energy or blood sugar. And three hours later I was interested in food, but it wasn’t from a jittery need, it was just time to eat and I was hungry. WIN.
Of course, the whole hubbub about it won’t be very interesting if the top reason, weight loss doesn’t kick in. But again, that’s more of a long-term result. Let’s just enjoy the ride so far, shall we. And I’ll keep you up to date on my journey.
Take the next step,
- Time To Get Radical?
- Wrapping Up 2014 and Putting Bill Murray on the Job
- Holiday Belt Loosening Habits; Not This Year, Baby
- Weight Loss vs Wellness: Measuring the Circumference of the Moon
- Excuses, Temptations, and Laziness Along the Path to Wellness
reference: How to make bulletproof coffee – The Bulletproof Exec
image: trying bulletproof coffee for the first time, cc 2014 john mcelhenney, creative commons usage