It’s been raining here in Texas for a while now. The windfall of water has taken it’s toll on my workout schedule a bit, but mainly in keeping me off the tennis courts.
Have you tried any superfoods as part of your health and fitness quest? What about Maca powder? Or coconut oil? Or omega-3 fish oils? Are there some superfoods that work and others that are more hype than happy? I’m sure the answer is yes. My run at bulletproof coffee was a bit of a wash, though I do think the coconut oil has helped my internal digestive system a bit.
Oh, and I did to the weigh-in, as promised.
Maybe not as low as I had imagined, but easily the best I’ve looked and felt in years. Of course, *love* has a lot to do with that.
And on that note, I found a great summer beverage that I’m trying to perfect. I’m a sucker for the frappucino or frozen coffee drinks. However, those are *loaded* with sugar and fat. So I’ve come up with my own variety.
Silver Bullet Cold Coffee(tm)
1 brew of coffee – decaf or reg depending on the time of day or need of energy
1 tablespoon of raw local honey
1 teaspoon of raw coconut oil
1 pinch of cinnamon
2 – 5 grains of organic sea salt for minerals and trace elements
and today – 1 teaspoon of Maca powder (no idea, but a fad for sure – I’ll report back after a bit of experimentation with this super/mysterious food.
blender to make frozen smoothie
Top 10 ideas from my holistic fitness and health program.
- Weighing-in is optional, not necessary to keep my motivation high, nor to inspire me
- Superfoods are also caloric, so let’s use a bit of judgement and see what feels good (all in moderation)
- Coffee is a health drink and a superfood combined.
- Coconut oil continues to astound me. Not as a weight-loss supplement, but certainly as a healthy fat and as a lubricant for all things.
- Today’s news: losing weight is more about eating less, rather than exercising more.
- Exercising everyday is a must. You’re going to miss days, so make those actual misses, rather than scheduled days off. The more the merrier. Two and three-a-days are amazing, but also taxing to your overall system.
- Sleep is essential. 8 hours is minimal.
- Waking up early, alert and inspired by what the day brings is a good sign of health and happiness.
- Finding someone to train with is the biggest boost to fitness.
- Finding someone to love is the biggest boost to life and overall health and mental resilience.
Take the next step,
Superfoods: Do you believe in superfoods? Spirulina, Wheatgrass, Coconut Oil, Maca Powder, Asahi. What is and is not recommended? Here’s a bit of info on my latest experimental supplement.
7 Top Health Benefits of Maca Powder – Vegkitchen
- Time for a Fitness and Health Accounting
- Never Stop, Never Give Up! Getting Fit with a Friend!
- Celebrating the Consistency of My Fitness Program
- What’s In Your Coffee?
- Time To Get Radical?
- Weight Loss vs Wellness: Measuring the Circumference of the Moon
- Excuses, Temptations, and Laziness Along the Path to Wellness
Do you want to try any of these superfoods for yourself. Here are the two main ingredients in my new cold coffee brew.
- Nature’s Way Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, 32-Ounce
- Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Maca Powder, 1 Pound Pouches